Terms & Conditions
By using this site, you confirm that you are aged 18 or over and that you have read and agree with our terms & conditions.
For the purposes of these terms & conditions, Books From Sharon may be referred to as BFS or 'we'. The buyer may also be referred to as 'you'.
- Trading Name
- Privacy & Data
- Shipping charges & options (UK)
- Shipping (Outside the UK)
- Returned/undeliverable orders
- Dispatch times and delivery addresses
- Proof of delivery
- Item specifics
- Stock condition
- Educational resources
- Erotic & adult stock
- Cancelling your order
- Sales, special offers & gift tokens
- Subscription / Membership (includes how to cancel)
- Charity shop donations
- Gift wrapping service
- Free Gifts
- Contact Us
1. Trading Name
- Books From Sharon operates the main store and a charity shop section.
- All listings will have a vendors name next to the image. The main shop is identified as Books From Sharon and the charity shop can be identified by the name BFS Charity Shop.
2. Privacy & Data
- Your privacy will always be respected by Books From Sharon (BFS).
- Your information will not be sold on to third parties.
- Some 3rd party tools are available for your convenience including but not limited to Paypal checkout. BFS makes no assurances as to the service provided by a 3rd party site and entering your details or accessing these is at your discretion.
- We may send a request for feedback after orders have been dispatched.
- BFS uses Facebook which includes FB pixel.
- Customers are offered the chance to agree to email marketing at checkout. Marketing will only be for BFS and to opt out buyers should email us or reply to the marketing email stating that they wish to opt-out.
To view our data protection statement (how we obtain and use your data) CLICK HERE.
3. Shipping Charges (UK)
- Standard shipping within the UK is free for items purchased from the Books From Sharon website.
- Orders may be dispatched by Royal Mail or courier at our discretion.
- At checkout, there is an option to upgrade shipping.
4. Shipping (Outside the UK)
- At the present time, we do not ship outside the UK as standard.
- We will consider overseas orders and, where appropriate, will supply an invoice directly.
- Terms for shipping will be agreed before invoicing.
5. Returned items / Undeliverable
Items are considered undeliverable in the following circumstances:
- Incorrect or incomplete address supplied at checkout
- Delivery attempted but no redelivery or collection arranged by buyer
- Items returned by carrier marked as delivery attempted
- Refusal to accept delivery
- Refusal to pay import duty, where applicable.
Items that are returned to us as undeliverable or not called for will be refunded in full* for all UK orders. * If an enhanced delivery option was selected at checkout, the enhanced/upgraded element will not be refunded.
Overseas orders will be refunded, including outgoing postage. Return shipping costs for orders that were undeliverable for the reasons set out above, will be charged to the buyer and deducted from refund.
- Orders will usually be dispatched within 1 working day (Monday to Friday).
- Dispatch may be with Royal Mail or by courier and a signature may be required.
- Please ensure that someone is available to take receipt of your order.
- Orders will only be shipped to the shipping address supplied on the order during checkout. If you have made a mistake with your delivery address, please contact us immediately. Once an order is marked as dispatched, there is nothing we can do about it.
- We also ask for a contact phone number at checkout. This will only be used if necessary to facilitate the delivery of your item or in the event of a problem.
7. Proof of Delivery
- Orders will be deemed to have been delivered when Royal Mail or courier provide confirmation of delivery in any format, including but not limited to, signature, scan, photograph or delivery co-ordinates. At this point liability for the items passes to the buyer.
8. Item Specifics
- Details such as weight and size are approximate and for guidance only. These are not exact figures.
- Age range is for guidance only. As children's reading and comprehension levels can vary from child to child, please use this information as a guide.
- Date given is the latest printing date.
9. Stock Condition
NEW - An unused, undamaged book.
- Good spine with no reading creases or page separation
- Internally clean & unmarked, except for a shop stamp or label
- Covers complete
External wear or damage will be noted in the listing.
10. Educational Resources
- The educational resources are suitable for school, group or home learning.
- CD ROMs that are listed as suitable for interactive white boards will also work on home PCs and laptops.
- Photographs and a synopsis will help you to decide whether each particular resource is suitable for your needs.
- With few exceptions, any resource that includes a CD ROM will not require a separate site licence. If a product does require a site or performance licence, this will be stated. If in doubt, please contact BFS for assistance.
11. Erotic & Adult Books
All books sold in the erotic fiction and relationships (adult) categories contain explicit material. They are for sale to over 18's only. We do not wish to cause offence, so books that have explicit cover pictures have a censored picture in the menu/index.
- Our right to cancel -
We reserve the right to cancel any order at our discretion. If your order is cancelled by us you will be notified by email and your payment returned within 24 hours.
- Your right to cancel -
- You have the right to cancel any purchase prior to dispatch for a full refund.
- You have the right to cancel after dispatch provided that BFS is notified by email within 30 days of receipt of the item. This includes 'change of mind' cancellation.
- Items must NOT be returned until you have received authorisation to do so from BFS.
- We ask that any returns are made within 7 days of authorisation and that all reasonable care is taken of the goods until return.
- We will issue a postage label for U.K. returns. Carriage for 'change of mind' returns from outside the U.K. is the responsibility of the buyer.
- Please obtain a certificate of posting from the Post Office when making a return. You may be asked to provide this if the item is not received by BFS.
- No restocking or administration charge will be made.
- For private buyers only. Items purchased on or after 10th November will be covered for change of mind return until the last day of January of the following year.
Business buyers have the same rights as above except that 'change of mind' returns will be subject to a 10% restocking fee and original carriage will not be refunded. Faulty or incorrect items will be refunded in full, including carriage.
13. Sales, Special Offers & Gift Tokens
Sales and special offers that require the use of a discount code, cannot be used in conjunction with gift vouchers or other offers.
14. Subscriptions / Memberships
BFS offers one or more subscription/membership services. Payments are collected via Stripe Subscription and are a recurring payment of the initial agreed amount, paid once per calendar month. We guarantee not to duplicate any title in a subscription, regardless of how long the subscription lasts. Subscription is defined as a monthly payment for goods that are paid via the same payment method and shipped to the same delivery address each month.
Cancelling a subscription - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION. Ensure that the email contains the email address of the subscriber and the delivery name and address. We will confirm cancellation and no further payments will be taken from your account. BFS required 48 hours notice of cancellation.
Loyalty Bonus - A free book will be added to each 6 monthly box. To qualify you must have 6 months of uninterrupted subscription.
Books From Sharon shall not be liable for any loss due to improper use of items purchased. Neither will BFS be liable for any consequential loss howsoever incurred.
16. Charity Shop Donations
Profits from the BFS Charity Shop will be donated to the BFS nominated charity. Details of the charity and donations made to date can be found on our charity & environmental page.
BFS offer a range of discounts which may be amended or removed at any time.
- If you are a new customer, discount code WELCOME will discount your order by 20% (New books only - does not apply to Charity Section or postage)
- Returning customers can receive a 10% discount with code RETURN
- Multi-orders of 3 or more items receive an automatic 25% discount without the use of a code.
- Discounts cannot be combined.
18. Gift Wrapping Service
- If your purchase is to be a gift, we have a range of wrapping papers and gift tags available.
- Please use the message seller box to let us know what you would like written in the gift tag.
- Please check your message carefully as we will add the message EXACTLY as it is supplied to us. We will not amend spelling or punctuation.
19. Free Gifts
- Order value must reach minimum stated amount
- Enhanced or overseas postage does not count towards order value
- Only the value of new items purchased from the main shop will count towards a free gift
20. Contact Us
BFS is based at
Rhyd Lanau, Forest Coalpit, Abergavenny, NP7 7LH.