Environmental / Reuse & Recycle
The BFS shop operates in a way that is as environmentally friendly as possible and strives to find new ways of doing more.
At the present time, BFS is doing the following;
- With the exception of adhesive tape, all orders are packaged using only reused and/or recyclable materials. This applies to orders placed on the BFS website and via 3rd parties such as Ebay & Amazon.
- BFS has now moved from plastic storage crates to heavy duty cardboard ones.
- All waste is reused where possible; for example, paper is shredded for packaging.
- Air pillows, bubble wrap and other plastics that are received by BFS are reused. We also 'rescue' these materials from other people to re-use.
- Cardboard boxes are cut into sections and used to protect large books and puzzles.
Our priorities are;
1) Reuse - We try to reuse whenever possible as this gives materials extra life without the need to industrially process it in any way.
2) Recycle - Only if an item cannot be reused do we recycle it.
3) Only throw away if there really is no other option. Our waste consists almost exclusively of tape that is removed from delivery boxes before they are cut up for book packaging or recycling.
Additional actions for 2023
See Charity Information for details of our nominated charity and donations to date.